Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Sifting

Simon, Simon (when a name is repeated in the Bible, it signifies deep emotion), behold (Stop. Listen to Me), Satan has demanded permission (Satan cannot wait to go after those who follow Christ-vss. 28-30) to sift you like wheat (Sifting is a process in the harvesting of wheat. It is the last task in the process. It signifies the end of the search for the true, valuable goods. Satan appears to have the discernment to search out our hearts as well and reveal what is there, by implementing external conditions. When I have sifted wheat, I had to work hours and hours to get the kernals. It is a long process, unlike reaping.); but I have prayed for you (John 17; His prayer), that your faith may not fail (my faith begins in Christ and grows through my choices); and you, when once you have turned again (We can return, just as Peter returned after his denial of Jesus), strengthen you brothers (It is in the continual contact with the love and grace of God through forgiveness and the cleaning of our feet, that gives us courage to help one another. Through our depravity and forgiveness, we see our true diginity).
-Luke 22:31-32 (my commentary)

10 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jen said...

JASON DONALD MAYES!!! I just noticed your new title....I would prefer "Fern" to that.

Two can play this game.....

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Micah said...

Oh man! This is getting good!! This is better than me and creth anyday!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger amy said...

Very cool.
Will you please do Romans 8:1 now?

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger amy said...

...and you really shouldn't objectify your sister like that...although it's sweet and considerate...

Jason Mayes...

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Jen said...

THANK YOU Amy....your my best friend now! :)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Creth said...

wow.

I am blushing for EVERYONE involved...

I'll have to agree with Micah that this is GOOD

also... Jason, I love this post... but can you really put homework on here?

(playin')

(keep doin' it)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jason Mayes said...

I wish I could do this for my homework.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger cr said...

Good job, Mayes. That's a really nice analysis. Now if you can just get all these strange people to stop posting all these nonsensical blabberings all the time, then you will have arrived. I hear that if you use the "word verification" feature, you can block all these spammers ;)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Creth said...

Christian.

jealous?

Jason.

"Dreamer of Hair" -that's just mean

*tear*

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Ok so I changed your name...I kind of felt bad saying that :) I should just deal with that I won't have witty comebacks like you. My lot in life....to think of great comebacks after the fact. *sigh*
Yes and here I was "yelling" at you and didn't even remark on your great post!

Great insight as usual bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home