Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Love's Limericks

I’m waiting for the phone to ring
A message that someone will bring
That I am alive, I am alive
My life is in the modern drive
And awaken my heart to a song to sing

My identity relies on the way
I communicate each day
Who will I be? Who will I become?
Will any one confirm this, please someone?
Man, it's confusing to be a stray

In this warm climate my heart is cold
I feel used, beaten up, despised and old
The exhaustion of this life I live
Seems to be a continuous sieve
And makes me feel like a slave that is sold

Inside of me there seems to be a jam
I can be so much more, so much better and superman
But I can’t seem to put it together
Why is it that I can be blown like a feather?
As my heart continues to be damned

And then "mine eye diffused a quickening ray”
And my heart was awakened in a weird, simple kind of way
I had forgotten how to receive
That which is life to me
All the love My Father has for this stray

I don’t understand how I receive it
I don’t understand why He does it
It brings me to tears
And erases all my fears
When I receive His love and rest in it

My heart is awakened
Even more so than when called, e-mailed or text-ed by a friend
It gives me life and hope and serenity
And makes me ponder eternity
And my life to Him is beckoned

Why I don’t continually receive
Is a mystery to me
I am fallen. I am corrupt
I sometimes have an empty cup
But this love to me flows from a Savoir who died on a tree

Be still my heart, my soul, my identity
You are in good company
It is God who loves you not because of what I do
What I say, what I wear, where I go or who I talk to
But because He is He and I am me

6 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jen said...

So can advertisers respond to your blog now????? I wish it were that easy to make $800.00

Who wrote this song/poem?? I really like it and it is very thought provoking.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jason D. Mayes!

That was beautiful!

Also- It made me smile that you used the word "text-ed" in a limerick. You're so hip to the scene, man. In fact, you ARE the scene...

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was told that men don't like their 'writings' to be called 'beautiful'. Sorry.

Instead, I'll just say that I was impressed. And, I'm a hard person to impress. I once heard a story about a 4-legged woman having 5 children. I yawned.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jason Mayes said...

Jen: Yes I wrote it

Emily: Beautiful is relative. I take it as a compliment. No worries.

And 8 legged women are nasty.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Creth said...

Jason, that was awesome.

can I say that I really enjoyed that?.

you are a great writer, creative and true.

thank you very much for sharing that

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger amy said...

So awesome - where have you been hiding that all this time?

Waiting for more ~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home