Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Friday, August 04, 2006

Change

I think change is so hard because it is never expected. I fight it when it rears its ugly head in my life and beat it with an intellectual stick. “I can control this,” I tell myself and began to will my life in the way that I have planned it to go. Yet, I never accept this theme of change in my life: it is the death of something and the life of another. I don’t like death. It is so final in my ephemeral mind, but it awakens me to something that is always there. My life is final and until I can accept this, then I will always fight change. We do not begin change, but Something else. We cannot change ourselves or our journey, we can only allow ourselves to be open to it and allow the change to occur.

3 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

"Me" Exhibit A

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Trey said...

It's so convenient for me to try and control my life. I mean, God has given me gifts and abilities...why not make use of them, right? That's how I rationalize it. I label it as "seeking God's path" until I realize that I'm using my own compass and my own map to find my own perceived treasure. Not a whole lot of God there.

I like blog posts that foster dialogue, or "trialogue," or whatever. "Multialogue." ;)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Ah, point taken. I actually got a notion for a post today. I'm not gonna get around to it tonight, but perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday.

Like Jen mentioned in one of her comments, I'm glad your blog is alive and well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home