Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Champions

It has a good ring to it doesn't it? My under twelve soccer team won our areas tournament and now are champions. It hasn't happened to me much--especially as a coach, so I am enjoying this place.

Putting words together to explain the journey each of the kids and I have been on as a team the last few weeks would be very difficult to do. We have faced adversity in many ways, being beaten badly, but the kids kept fighting. They never gave up completely.

I have seen Jarki start with a terrible attitude and disconnect with his teammate and then change to cheeing on and encouraging them. I have seen Angela dislike soccer until one day she chose to play and has done so well. Dagum, the goalie thought he knew everything then decided to listen and learn while playing hard and played great in the last two games. The list goes on and on.

I too could not exit the season without massive changes inside of me. My God is so patient with me allowing my weaknesses to be revealed and yet He still loves me. There are multitudes of reasons why I coached soccer, but whether the good reason outweigh the bad I do not know. But this I know: my righteous is not and cannot be from me and is simply given to me making my actions pure in His sight. I do not know why. I just know that is true.

2 Comments:

At 4:38 AM, Blogger My mind's eye said...

WOW, that's great to hear! congrats on your hard work!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Hey, how cool is THAT!!! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home