Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Going Home

I've been feeling kind of restless.
I've been feeling out of place.
I can hear adistant singing,
a song that I can't write,
but it echoes in what I'm always trying to say

There's a feeling I can't capture. I
t's alwaysjust a prayer away.
I want to know the ending,
things hoped for but not seen,
but I guess that's the point in hoping anyway

CHORUS:
Going home, I'll meet you at the table.
Going home, I'll meet you in the air.
You are never too young to think about it.
Oh, I cannot wait to be home .

I'm confined by my senses
to really know what you are like.
You are more than I can fathom,
more than I can guess,
and more than I can see with human sight.

But I have felt you with my spirit.
I have felt you fill this room.
This is just an invitation,
a sample of the whole,
and I cannot wait to be going home

CHORUS

Face to face how can it be? Face to facehow can it be? Face to face how can it be?

-Sara Groves

4 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Trey said...

Earth is such a stifling place! The soul doesn't like being grounded by gravity and confined to a body. I mean, we humans do have free will, but when compared to the notion of freedom itself, free will can seem like a taunting consolation prize. Like the saying goes..."just enough rope to hang myself." Well, tonight I'm not "hanging" myself, and that's something to be happy about. I hope you're in a similarly upbeat situation. If not, here's to hoping one's right around the corner.

Btw, the word verification for my comment is "geakn." Now, I know the spelling's a little off, but I still think that Blogger is trying to tell me something. :(

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Jen said...

MY FAVORITE SARA GROVES SONG!!!! (well, one of my very favorites)

AND you are coming "home" to Indy...probably in the air right now....YIPEEEEE!!!!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Trey said...

You see, I had no idea what the connotation of "Going Home" was meant to be. Going home to Indiana is pretty exciting. As a matter of fact, you should share with Jen how exciting the "going home" feeling truly is. It's yet another reason for Jen to move to Dallas, right?

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger cr said...

Yo, dude. Have a good trip home. Get yourself rested up and refreshed. And when you get home, I can beat you up and remind you of why it's good to come back "home" to Dallas, as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home