Dreamers of the Day

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible." -T.E. Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"

Friday, May 30, 2008

What if

I’ve discovered in myself a compulsion to do because of gain. Whether it is at work, in a romantic relationship, friendships or players, I seldom do simply because I am. What if I did based on the life within me and not a life that I am trying to create? What if I lived because life has been given to me and not because I find life in that which I do? What if I love based on a love that has been given to me and not based on that which will love back? It seems to me that love is as indescribable as life itself and both are joined. To love unconditional is to live infinitely. One cannot love unconditionally independently because life is not determined by humanity. If life is not sourced by humanity and love comes from life, then love is not sourced by humanity. Therefore, the only boundary to love is hate and death, which is the same boundary of life as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home